Are you looking for SASSA R350 Grant Application Online? Search no more. In this article, I’ll guide you on how to apply for the SASSA R350 grant online, the requirements, what not to do, etc.
I will also look at some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about SASSA grant application online. So, let’s jump right to the topics.
SASSA R350 Grant Application Online
Sassa R350 Grant Application is available for all South African and non-South African citizens who want to apply for R350 social grant online instead of going to SASSA registration centers to apply.
Recall that SASSA R350 Grant was a temporary grant introduced in May 2020 by the South African government as a relief measure for unemployed citizens during the COVID-19 pandemic. The grant was intended to provide a monthly payment of R350 to eligible applicants.
The online application for the SASSA R350 Grant is now officially open and accessible through the SASSA SRD website. If you are eligible for the Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, you can now begin the application process online.
SASSA R350 Grant Closing Date for 2023 Application
The latest closing date for SASSA’s R350 grant applications is 30th April, 2023. To qualify for the SASSA Special Relief of Distress (SRD), submit your grant applications before 30th April 2023.
This means that application for R350 grant is still ongoing. Now that you know that R350 grant is still available, see who is eligible.
Eligibility Criteria for SASSA R350 Grant
To be eligible for the SRD R350 Grant you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be unemployed and not receive any income or social grant.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 59.
- Applicants must not be beneficiaries of any other COVID-19 relief scheme or Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF).
- Applicants must not be receiving any other form of government assistance.
- Applicants must have a valid South African ID document.
- Asylum Seeker in South Africa
Now that you know who qualifies for R350 grant, let us go through the documents you need to apply.
Requirements for SASSA SRD R350 Grant
Applicants will need to provide the following to complete their application for the SASSA R350 Grant:
- Identity Number or Department of Home Affairs Refugee/
- Asylum seeker permit number (if applicable)
- Name as captured in the Identity Document
- Marital status
- Gender and Disability
- Contact details – Cell phone number
- Residential Address
Above are what you need to complete your application for SASSA R350 Grant application online.
How to apply for SRD R350 Grant Online
To apply for the SRD R350 grant online, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the official SRD website at www.srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Click on “Click here to Apply online”
- Enter your mobile number in the space provided and click “Send SMS.”
- You will receive a One Time Pin (OTP) via SMS.
- Enter this OTP on the website to verify your mobile number.
- Once your mobile number has been verified, you can fill in the required information on the application form.
- Review your application to ensure that all information is accurate and complete.
- Click “Submit” to send your application to SASSA.
- You will receive an SMS confirming that your application has been successfully submitted.
After you submit your online application, SASSA will review your information to determine if you meet the eligibility criteria for the SRD R350 grant.
Read also: How to Reapply for SRD Grant
How to Apply For SASSA R350 Grant on WhatsApp
To apply for the SASSA R350 Grant via WhatsApp, please follow these steps:
- Save the SASSA WhatsApp number (+27 082 046 8553) on your mobile phone.
- Send a message to the SASSA number using WhatsApp and type “Sassa” to initiate the application process.
- When prompted, reply with the word “SRD” to indicate that you want to apply for the R350 Grant.
- If you are applying for yourself or someone else. Choose the appropriate option (Option 1 or Option 2).
- Next, provide your full name (as it appears on your ID) when asked.
- You will then be asked for your surname only.
- You will receive a link containing the terms and conditions of the grant. Respond with a “YES” or “NO” to indicate whether you agree or not.
- Provide your home address or location pin in response to the next message.
- When asked, select your citizen status (SA Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Refugee).
- Finally, you will receive a message with a reference number, a one-time pin (OTP), and a link. Within two hours, use the link to complete your application on GovChat or the SRD website.
Following these steps, you can easily apply for the SASSA R350 Grant via WhatsApp. Ensure you have a stable internet connection and enough data before you begin the application process.
See Also: How to Check the SRD Grant Status
Let’s look at some FAQs related to the SASSA R350 grant application for 2023.
FAQs on SRD grant Application
Can you apply for R350 if NSFAS funds you?
No, NSFAS students are not qualified for SASSA R350 grant. One of the main qualification requirements for the SASSA R350 grant is not receiving any other income source, including NSFAS and UIF.
Once you are receiving grants from any of these government bursaries, you’re automatically disqualified for the SASSA SRD R350 grant.
What are the ways to apply for SASSA R350 Grant?
You can apply for the SASSA SRD R350 Grant online, USSD Code, WhatsApp, and 082 046 8553.